- Guinness Book World Record Holder for the highest altitude Luge descent. Bolivia
- First ascent of Mount Hope, Alaska televised nationwide on ABC, a world peace expedition.
- First person to wakeboard the Amazon River. Brazil-Bolivia.
- Record holder of the highest altitude ski board descent Mt. Chacaltaya.
- Wreck dive of the PLM off the coast of Newfoundland in Iceburg Alley near the Titanic. Mapped new passages in a cave system in Newfoundland revealing an underwater river of white water miles below the surface of the Earth.
- Numerous first rock climbing ascents, naming & documenting the climb for others.
- After surviving a massive genetic heart failure I have trained each day to raise my ejection fraction from 15 to now 45 & have been running 5K’s each month, I am training for my first triathlon this year & a marathon in Iceland.
How EPO-Boost works for me
“With EPO Boost I recover faster & have more endurance during my workouts. This past year I had massive genetic heart failure, as a lifelong mountain sport athlete I was devastated. I had to stop all supplements while my body adjusted to the new blood pressure medicine. I never felt worse; I had an ejection fraction of 15 & was told I had 5 years to live by my cardiologist.Then my wife & I spoke about quality of life verses quantity & I realized that I needed to get back in the gym and back in the mountains, doing what I love best regardless of the consequences.
So I retired from my career as a state police officer & became a full time ‘disadvantaged’ athlete. My doctor approved EPO Boost & I began a long road to recovery, which is where I’m still at now, but my ejection fraction is now 45, almost normal & my doctors are not telling me that I’m going to die anymore.
In fact, one test revealed that through training alone my arteries leading up to my heart are that of an 18 year old.
I leave for an expedition to Iceland this August where I will attempt to set the Guinness Book World Record for the fastest face first Luge sled down Iceland’s highest peak. I have been running 5K’s each month & I’m in training for my first triathlon. Thank you EPO Boost for helping me take my life back & make my dreams come true.”*
The 2013 Icelandic Wild Heart Expedition
Press Release-Expedition Outreach, a charitable organization founded in 1995 will be traveling to Iceland in August of 2013 to set the Guinness Book World Record for the fastest ‘Alpine’ face first Luge. Team Leader Michael Coyne who holds the ‘Official’ World record for the highest altitude Luge run in Bolivia will now attempt to be the fastest person on Earth using an ‘Alpine’ Skeleton style sled.
The team is a group of environmentally conscious explorers & athletes who educate people about the World Peace Process & other worthwhile causes by taking the publicity they receive from their ‘extreme’ sporting & mountaineering adventures, expeditions, races & events & focus it on education & awareness.
From broadcasting live from the summit of a previously unclimbed peak in Alaska across the nation on ABC Television to being the first to Wakeboard the Amazon River & Mountain Bike across Bolivia’s ‘Altiplano’, the highest altitude desert in the world. . Team EO captures the attention & imaginations of our audience.
A few years ago Team Leader Michael Coyne had genetic heart failure in the transition zone of a triathlon equivalent to 2 massive heart attacks & had to retire from his career as a Massachusetts State Trooper. “As a lifelong athlete I was devastated”. Michael stated but he is now training full time for Iceland determined to come back stronger than ever: Inspiring all those who have experienced adversity in their lives.
Iceland is only the first of a series of expeditions that will take Team EO across the globe from Thailand/Bhutan, New Zealand to Costa Rica & Africa the team will be filming for a documentary project about facing our fears & understanding the nature of our planet & our own hearts.
*Individual Results May Vary